It’s hard to believe we are in April. Several reasons:
– It’s still 3C outside.
– It snows occasionally
– It rains more than occasionally.
A combination of the miserable weather and a tooth problem (another blog another time) has meant more time was spent in than out for the last two weeks. As a result I am depleted of almost every haircare and skincare product I own. All except one.
Eye cream. If you’re looking for a good one, Dr Hauschka’s Eye Contour Day Balm is not too bad at all.
– It will be the only eye cream you need to own for the next 50 years. The consistency is extremely thick (almost like a paste or wax) and you need to apply a very small amount each morning.
– You can feel the balm all day. The skin of the applied area looks dewy and feels soft from morning till night.
– It keeps the lid and contour areas moisturised. I had a patch of dry skin on one eye-lid for a couple of days and despite moisturising with my other day and night creams, it did not go away. The balm helped.
Here are the bad bits:
– This is more of a personal thing really but I get bored of products easily. Using one eye-cream for the rest of my life will not happen. This balm is long lasting but it’s almost too long-lasting for my taste.
– Having a thin layer of waxy paste under your eyes feels ‘moisturising’ but it doesn’t do any favours to your make-up (if you wear any). You might get a slight rubbing-off of mascara under your eyes if your eye lashes start to pick up the balm.
– I can’t tell you if it works because I’m not quite sure how I expect it to work. Will I still get wrinkles in 5-10 years time? Yes. Can I slow the process down considerably? Probably not.
Let me know what you think of it if you get it, or if you have it already!