I thought I’d better post something on here before you all leave. What’s been happening?
We booked a last minute trip to Italy !
Above are 4 of 4394 photos ( there were 9 of us, all with cameras ).
I don’t think one blog post will do Italy justice, so I will space them out and write a separate one for each of the places we visited. In short, it was beautiful.
Each place we saw had hundreds if not thousands of years of history. Our villa alone was built in the 1600’s , located on the outskirts of the small town of Vinci. We divided our 5 days up to see a new town or area each day and managed to see Pisa, San Miniato, San Gimignano, Siena, Florence and Livorno. Some key things we learnt :
– Eating is important , even to restaurant owners who will on occasion close their own restaurant to have lunch.
– Public holidays are important . Important enough for everything to shut down while they last. Plan your groceries carefully.
– Choose ‘coffee time’ wisely. Many places will not let you sit down for coffee at lunchtime unless you are also planning to eat there.
– Hire a car. Be a good driver. Driving in Italy is an art in itself.
– Have good walking shoes. Getting around the bigger and smaller towns can and should be done on foot, or if you have a death wish ,you can hire a scooter.
Until next time, I’m off to sulk at being back to work tomorrow!