To those just tuning in, it has now been 7 weeks since the arrival of our baby. I have some spare moments to tell you how it has been (*update – it has taken me three weeks to complete this post. I keep revisiting this line ).
In a nutshell, baby spends most of her time living as I remember doing when I was a teenager:
- She eats all the time and only eats one thing.
- She naps during the day and stays up most nights.
- She smiles when she hears the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (actually this only happened once but I’m hoping it’s a sign of things to come).
- She likes baths.
And that’s about it for now.
I have spent these weeks researching what I can do with her when she’s awake, because it terrifies me that eventually she will be awake all the time and I’m going to have to be an entertaining individual during this period.
Here are some things I found you can do or take your baby to:
- Baby yoga – this is an actual real life activity that is maybe suitable for the more seasoned mother. For now, I can’t imagine doing a downward facing dog anytime soon. Namaste.
- Baby sensory play – Here your baby will hone all her senses to perfection so that she can tell the difference between a sheep and a piece of wood.
- Baby swimming – Self explanatory
- Baby cinema – If it’s the last thing I do, this baby will go to a baby cinema! For those living in London , some cinemas and picture-houses do a ‘Big Scream’ screening of the latest movies or independent films and they are tailored to have you sitting there with your baby (i.e the sound is lower, space to feed , etc) and able to enjoy.
Life has otherwise carried on as normal and we do everything as a threesome. Our cat is still adjusting.
She’s awake.. so until next time, have a great week folks! 🙂